At the Eastside Neuroscience Institute, experts provide comprehensive care for common to complex neurological disorders, including headaches, nerve pain and memory disorders.
Many conditions cause a host of neurological symptoms, such as headaches, seizures, numbness, weakness, tremors, memory issues, and others. At the Eastside Neuroscience Institute, experts from EvergreenHealth and Overlake Medical Center come together to provide world-class care for all types of neurological conditions.
Neurological care is more than treatment for symptoms and disease; it’s providing a quality of life you deserve. Our experts aim to reduce the burden of your condition to help you enjoy everyday life. We are committed to providing the highest level of care through leading-edge technology, innovation and advanced expertise.
Neurological disorders we treat
Our experts provide a multidisciplinary approach to care, providing full access to a full range of specialty and subspecialty services. Commonly treated disease and disorders are:
Expert neurological diagnosis
Diagnosis is an important first step in developing your neurological care plan. Our neurology experts provide a complete and thorough evaluation of your nervous system. We use the most advanced technology to provide a comprehensive and accurate diagnosis. Our goal is to the identify the cause of your neurological condition as soon as possible so you can begin receiving appropriate treatment. Our diagnostic tests include:
- Electroencephalogram (EEG): Used in the diagnosis of seizures by detecting abnormalities in the electrical activity of your brain (brain waves).
- Routine EEG: Records brain activity for approximately 20 to 40 minutes.
- Ambulatory EEG: Records your brain activity for a period of time while you are at home going about your normal routine.
- Video EEG: Uses video to record movements or behaviors that may correlate with seizure activity, and provides additional information to assist in your diagnosis.
- Electromyogram (EMG): Is helpful in determining if the muscle is responding properly to a nerve stimulus.
- Nerve conduction studies (NCS): Often used with an EMG to differentiate between a nerve or muscle disorder.
- Neuropsychological testing: A comprehensive assessment of cognitive and psychological functioning to aid in the diagnosis of a wide range of brain diseases.
Comprehensive neurological treatments
Our experts spend time understanding your symptoms and how they impact your daily life. This information is key to providing you with the most effective treatment plan.
Depending on your symptoms and needs, your neurological team may include experts in general neurology, neuropsychology, cognitive neurology, movement disorders, vascular neurology, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, neuromuscular disorders and neurophysiology.
Together, they develop an effective treatment plan that may involve:
- Lifestyle changes
Team approach to neurological care
We also work closely with multiple disciplines outside of neurology, such as neurosurgery, orthopedics, rehabilitation and therapy, nutrition, genetic counseling, pain management, urology, social work and more. With this extensive multidisciplinary team, we provide coordinated care tailored to your specific needs, including:
- Educational programs and support groups
- Mental health counseling and neuropsychological evaluations
- Pain management services
- Rehabilitation services, including physical, occupational and speech therapies
This complete, compassionate care helps you and your family heal in body, mind and spirit. We aim to provide the right care at the right time, and your care team is with you through each step of the way. We work together to help you feel better and get the most enjoyment out of life.
Neurology research and clinical trials
Doctors at our onsite research labs are advancing the understanding of neurological disorders and how to best treat them. We continually strive to improve diagnostic methods and therapies with the end goal of improving outcomes for you. Our experts’ involvement with large national clinical trials may give you the opportunity to get involved in the development of promising new therapies